Booked a JetBlue flight and wish to experience the relaxing time onboard? JetBlue Seat selection might be of some help. Using this service you can secure a seat for yourself and enjoy a better experience while traveling by air.
JetBlue has a huge name in the aviation industry and is well known for serving the passengers with what’s best. As a part of its excellence, JetBlue even allows you to sit on your prefered seats. So, if you have a concern about where you can sit on the airline, you can keep reading and find out about it in detail
JetBlue Seat Assignments
If you booked a JetBlue flight, but forgot to select a seat onboard, use the JetBlue’s manage booking option to select a seat of your choice. Many people are not aware of the JetBlue select seats process. The airline has a seat map, using which you can select your favoirte seats if they are available.
To know more about the same service, you can follow a basic approach and book your seats. Also, you can enjoy better benefits by the airline, using this service. Now, let’s move on to find out more details about the seat selection service on JetBlue Airways.
Steps to make a JetBlue Seat Selection
- Go to the JetBlue Airways official website and log in.
- Provide your email address and password.
- Now, select the manage booking tab and choose your booked flight.
- Click next to view the map for seat selection JetBlue with available seats.
- Check-in for your flights.
- Choose your flight and confirm the seat.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to pay for the seats.
After you have completed the process, you can clear the JetBlue seat selection fee to make sure your journey going forward is comfortable.
What is JetBlue’s seat selection policy?
Do you wish to choose your seats by using the method above? Well, you need to know a lot of details before you do that. Though the process of JetBlue airways seat selection is easy, there are some key points that one should consider. Here are the details:
- JetBlue’s latest class of service does not allow the passengers to choose their seats in advance without any extra charges or fees.
- Customers flying under the JetBlue Blue Basic Cabin are eligible to select the seats 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure. You can bring a carry-on as well. However, people with this fare board the plane at last.
- The airline will charge you $5 to $25 every way for the JetBlue advance seat selection fee over 24 hours before departure of your flight.
- If you do not select a seat yourself, the airline will offer you a random seat on the plane.
- Check at the airport to get assistance with seating changes or any new assignments for yourself.
Use JetBlue Seat Maps and efficiently choose your favorite seats
There is a chargeable seat map on JetBlue which helps the customers choose where they wish to sit. Even when you choose a free seat on the map, you’ll see a certain JetBlue fee for seat selection. But you can avoid that by using JetBlue’s seat map. Passengers should clear this fee if they want to enjoy special benefits with the seats.
Besides, you will also see seats with a charge of 0 dollars. But Even more space seats and Mint seats have seating options with a certain fee. You need to keep a record about the fact that Blue Basic Fare passengers can not choose a seat free of charge. The incurring fee must be cleared using the available seat map selection.
However, in some cases, JetBlue your seat is selected but not guaranteed. It Means that you will get a seat if you do not select one. But the confirmation is not guaranteed. So, you need to look over and find out various options you have. Or, you can contact JetBlue Airways customer service team for detailed information.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you pick your seats on JetBlue?
Yes, you can select a desired seat on JetBlue Airways if you want. The airline allows you to make advance seat selections and confirm your place of comfort, especially for long-haul flights. The seat selection will be confirmed, if you pay for the seat fare.
How much does seat choice cost on JetBlue?
JetBlue Airways charges a fee within 5 USD to 25 USD for each way. The passengers traveling on JetBlue Blue basic fares would select their seats over 24 hours prior to the flight. The advance seat selection costs you sometimes around 40 USD and you can guarantee yourself a seat on the plane.
Why can’t I select seats on JetBlue?
Suppose you selected a Blue Basic seat on JetBlue. In that case, the airline does not allow you to select a seat before checking in for free. Also, in this type of seat selection service, you can only book or select your seats by calling a JetBlue representative at 1-800-JETBLUE.
Is JetBlue filling every seat?
JetBlue has continued to modify its seat booking policy and the airline has gone from blocking each seat to limiting capacity to 85% and then filling every available seat. They no longer block seats as of 2022.